Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Weekend

The end of the school week had the Valentine's Day party and the kids did pull through and bring treats and drinks. On Saturday, I went to the store and to the lovely library. In my brokeness I have found the library to be one of the treats I can give myself on a regular basis and this time I got a good haul of goodies. I checked out 4 DVDs- It's Sunny in Philadelphia: Season 3, Gone Baby Gone, Atonement, Waitress and three books. I would love to go to the actual movie theatre but I am broke until the end of the month. I then went to the store and spent 15 bucks. I would like to say to the self service cashier that it was totally unnecessary to rest your hand on my cart and stare at me as if I was stealing. I have never liked the self service line and once again, it bit me in the butt.

Then in the afternoon, I went to my friend's house for a birthday party. It was postponed due to the flu and I was finally able to have some Eggplant Parmesan. The day wasn't so bad as a singleton but it would be nice to have a day with someone special. I would love to have someone buy me flowers and send it to my workplace. How about some jewelry? How about a romantic dinner out?

No comments: