Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long seen I posted here. Had a great July 4th with friends where I saw fireworks at the lake. Uh, I have taken about 10 naps, spent dozens of hours outside on the balcony where I have some flowers blooming and I have read two books and several magazines. The Wind Done Gone is a great take on Gone With The Wind where the half sister of Scarlett tells her story at Ta-Ta. It is a reworking on the events and people and adds a lot to the story. I also read Middlesex, a Pulitzer prize winning novel about a hermaphodite and her family's history. It was another great novel that I didn't want to put down.

Not much going on, I am hoping my skin clears up so I can go to the pool, see a movie and maybe go to the mall (where I try on clothes and make plans on what I need for school). I have never been so relaxed over the summer. It is a joy not to work and I love being a teacher.

No comments: