Friday, August 28, 2009

End of the First Week

At the end of the first day of school last year, I went to one of my teammates and asked her, " Is there anything wrong with your class?" My class was unable to follow simple directions, talkative and already had problems with basic school rules. By the end of that week, I knew it would be a long and draining year. It didn't realize how bad it would be but I knew that the class would be my most challenging.
This year, I was shocked and pleased by the class. First day, they came in quietly. They were able to sit in groups without excessive talking, something I gave up on last year by the third month of school. This is a class full of students with life and personality and not full of disrespect and disinterest. I have walked around with a smile on my face and full of ideas and excitement. Now I can focus on incorporating all of the things in classroom I usually do without fear of chaos and pandomonium breaking out all over.
At the end of this week, I had done more group activities then I was able to do all of last year.

I love this crew and I hope they continue to remain a great group.

I don't really have plans for this weekend just to sleep in and plant some more pots on my balcony. I just feel awesome.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That is so brilliant! Hope they stay well behaved!