Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Neverending Pile of Papers


This weekend I did some much needed clothes shopping and tackled grading papers. The grades are overall not good. I keep asking myself-is it me or is it the class? The class behaves great but seems low academically. They apparently do not know how to add or subtract (what is this "adding" thing you keep referring to, teacher), never heard of place value and do not know how to round (what do you mean, where are your strategies). The same people in the class continue to fail work and continue to fall behind in class. It doesn't seem we have a lot of time to stay on a topic and must move on quickly, I keep trying to reteach but at the same time have to keep up with my teaching. So I continue to see a neverending pile of papers with crappy grades. Last year was the year of won't do and this year is the year of can't do.

1 comment:

halpey1 said...

Love your blog - just found it. Would it be ok to add it to the list of blogs I follow on my blog? You can add mine to yours (if you like it). :)